04 dezembro 2016

Mark Twain Was Famous Before That Meant Everyone Knew Your Face

When Mark Twain (whose birth name was Samuel Clemens) was lecturing around the country, he once found himself in a small Pennsylvania town and went to the local barbershop to freshen up before the evening appearance.

”You are a stranger in town, sir?” asked the barber.

”Yes, I’m a stranger here,” was the reply.

”We’re having a good lecture tonight, sir,” said the barber, “a ‘Mark Twain’ lecture. Are you going to it?”

”Yes, I think I will,” said Samuel Clemens.

”Have you got your ticket yet?” the barber asked.

”No, not yet,” said the other.

”Then, sir, you’ll have to stand.”

”Dear me!” Mr. Clemens complained. “It seems as if I always have to stand when that fellow Twain talks.”

Related post





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
eXTReMe Tracker
Designed ByBlogger Templates