10 agosto 2015

I’m reading a book currently called “Confederates in the Attic” which has been fascinating.  In the...

I’m reading a book currently called “Confederates in the Attic” which has been fascinating.  In the book there was a short little bit about Albert D J Cashier (or Cashire), a woman who served 4 years in the U.S. Civil War.  I’ve read some about her (or him…I think there is a debate if Albert identified as a woman or as a trans-man) and I think the story is worth telling, both as women-bodied soldiers serving in the Civil War and also how she was treated at the end of her life (put in an insane asylum and forced to live as a woman).  It’s just a very nuanced and complex history.  Some reading:  http://ift.tt/1N53hHq (and I’m sure there is other material)  Albert died on Oct 11; so perhaps that’s a good day for it.  Just a suggestion.  :)

In any case, love your blog.  I often find myself going off an reading more after you post something.  :)


This is a submission so I’ll answer in italics. Thanks for following and for writing in, Cashier’s story sounds fascinating! I’ve made a note to write up a post for October 11th :)

Related post





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
eXTReMe Tracker
Designed ByBlogger Templates