26 março 2015

What historical theory do you follow while analyzing history? I have noticed that most of your posts are, what to me, seem to be "common" narrative based history. What say you?

I wouldn’t say I adhere to any strict historical ‘theory’ per se. In the context of this blog I feel narrative history is most appropriate as it’s better to ‘tell it as it happened’ than to try to impose a Marxist/postcolonial/teleological viewpoint, for example. I have always been a fan of narrative history - though I wouldn’t say so to my professors! - as to me it is the most accessible way of telling the past. I hope that kind of answered your question!


Related post





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
eXTReMe Tracker
Designed ByBlogger Templates